Bwindi: The Ultimate Gorilla Habituation Experience
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park has introduced a mountain gorilla habituation experience – the very first of its kind in the world. With two new gorilla families being habituated in the Rushaga sector of southern Bwindi.
Typical gorilla trekking is restricted to only one hour under circumstances that one cannot always fully control. However, in this experience you will be moving with researchers who habituate Gorillas. Spend 4 hours with the gorillas to see how they are habituated.
For those interested in photography or primate behavior, this experience is like no other and it’s an absolute first in Africa!
Price: USD 1,500 per person. Please note that only four guests are allowed on each trek and larger groups can be accommodated on alternate days.
Murchison Fall National Park: Hot Air Ballooning
The ideal balloon safari starts at dawn, during sunrise or immediately afterwards to catch the breath-taking scenery for a bird’s view.
- Duration: Approximately 1 hour
- Height: A maximum of 1000ft (about 330m) above ground level
- Who: Dream Ballooning is a newly and established Ugandan company that is licensed to operate hot air balloons over Uganda. Their professional pilots have a flying experience of over of 1,000 hours in Turkey, Egypt and now in Uganda.
- Where: Murchison Fall National Park (Northern area of the park (North of the river)
- When: Every day, right before sunrise (weather permitting)
- Balloon: 160 cu ft. max. 8 persons, minimum 4 persons
- Price : USD 380 per person, Children between 6-12 pay 50% of adult price, Children below 6 years free (although not recommended)
Lodge Of The Month
Bakers Lodge – Murchison Falls National Park
- 8 large, individual riverside thatched individual cottages with en suite bathrooms offering flush toilets, warm solar showers and some rooms with bath-tubs
- All cottages have uninterrupted river views
- Thatched cottages offer netted windows with opening options and mosquito nets for sleeping under.
- Elevated central lounge/dining and bar area with 180degree river views
- Swimming pool area with river views
- Activities include river cruises for game and bird viewing, game drives, waterfall viewing and hikes, chimpanzee trekking in Budongo and scenic drives.
- Specialized Bush Breakfast and Private riverside dining options are offered
- Central area recharging facilities, UK square 3-pin plugs 240v
- WiFi Internet access available
- In room safety deposit boxes
- Children and families welcome with some units able to cater for two adults and two children
Following an outbreak of Yellow Fever in Angola and some cases reported in Kenya and Uganda by their respective Ministries of Health; Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya have now made it a mandatory requirement for all travellers to and from these countries to present updated Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate at all ports of entry.
The Yellow Fever Virus is transmitted by the same mosquito that spreads the Zika virus but unlike Zika, Yellow Fever can be controlled with an effective vaccine which confers lifelong immunity within a month of administration.
Travelers are advised to be vaccinated at least 10 days before travelling to protect from contracting the disease should any chance contact happen. Travellers are adviced to ensure they carry their Vaccination Cards with them throughout their travel to avoid any inconveniences. While in these countries always sleep under a treated mosquito net.
As a company, industry and country; the health, safety and well- being of all our visitors, tourists and nationals is our primary priority; should any danger arise we would be the first to let you know. For now however we do not have any cause for alarm or to be fearful or worried.
Rwanda: Akagera National Park
Some much needed good news for Africa’s lion population from the seven translocated lions from South Africa to Akagera National Park, Rwanda last year. Three cubs, about six weeks old, spotted with their mother!
Marketing Uganda on NatGeoWild
Our very own Gentle Giants of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and our closest cousins in the jungle the Cheeky Chimpanzees make it into more than 10.4 million homes in the UK!